Tuesday, March 31, 2009

States Have No Right to Reject Stimulus

This is what Washington D.C. has told our State Governors. My response to this was the following letter to my State Governor of Texas, Rick Perry.

Honorable Governor Perry,

I implore you, as a proud Texan, and sovereign American, to call to action all State legislatures to assert State rights over Federal as guaranteed by the Constitution of these United States. Washington has said "States have no right to reject stimulus". Excuse me? Sir, I'm sure you're aware how serious the situation is. Washington is usurping individual and State powers and consolidating them within the Federal government. We The People see this. We are not the uneducated, misinformed, apathetic sheep liberals think we are. If they think we will sit idly by as our powers and rights are usurped and abused, they are seriously mistaken. It is the duty of all State legislatures to take action now before The People take action. If it comes to The People's involvement, the result will be violent. I would like to avoid that if at all possible.

I am a Desert Storm Veteran, and I took a solemn oath to protect and defend the United States against all enemies; foreign and domestic. I am forever bound to this oath, and if my country needs my service against domestic enemies, then I am honor, and duty bound to assist, and I would give my life freely to that end. Please do not let it come to that. I ask that you assemble and confer with the Governors of other States to take action.

Sincerely,
Nathan Hagman

Do not mistake the tone of the letter for cowardice or fear. My intent was to use reason to show that the States need to stop allowing this blatant abuse of power before The People get directly involved. Carrying picket signs and tea bags is protest. Not involvement. If The People get involved, it would only be to exercise their Constitutional rights in the 2nd Amendment, and that would be regrettable if it can be avoided. If most State legislatures tell Washington D.C. "NO", then it will not be necessary for The People's involvement.